Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Rush to Mumbai

4th July 2008

Next day morning I went to office with a huge haversack with all my stuff and a pittu sack also loaded for my trip as I was to start today to Mumbai. Then I kept the stuff at office , took xerox of the bike papers and went to Pune station for booking my bike. Took the bike from the parking and went to book the bikes.

Now when you want to send a parcel there are a lot of hassles involved. Agents do the packing of your bike and also *recommend* that your bikes be sent the day you want so along with the actual railway fees of the parcel 1340/- we needed to shell out extra for chai pani for all in the chain - the policeman , the agent and the parcel staff. Bloody !#!#!#. The total cost involved here was 2100/- per bike. Anything less than this and you wont know when your bike will be loaded. Nice blackmailing idea.

We filled up the forms for the parcel and then booked our bikes after the packing. I rushed back to office and agreed to meet Saurabh in the evening to take the parcel receipts before leaving for Mumbai - Saurabh did a great sacrifice of taking the day off from office and agreed to supervise the bike booking and bike loading for that day.

Evening I left office at 5.30pm and went to Pune station , found Saurabh and he announced that he loaded 4 bikes onto the train that day and he handed me over the receipts. I went to the Asiad bus stand to get tickets to Mumbai but to my horror found out that the tickets now available were for the bus at 10pm because it was Friday.

I met another friend here who had come to see me off and give me best wishes.

I decided to dump the asiad and take a taxi instead upto Mumbai. Took a right decision. Got a share taxi immediately and started off to Mumbai.

The journey was eventless and i reached Mumbai at Ghatkopar at Purvesh's aunt's place from where we were to start next day morning. Purvesh hadnt come yet and was in the local coming from Dombivali to Ghatkopar and I didnt have a morsel of food after starting from office so I had a nice dinner at a hotel outside Ghatkopar station and then waited for Purvesh to come there.

Purvesh finally reached at 11.45pm and he got the cages for our bikes. We then went to his aunt's home and made ourselves comfortable. As my day was hectic I was half sleeping , finally we both went to bed at 1am. We had to start at 4am for our 6am flight. Hell only 3 hours.....i set my alarm and went to sleep.

The day ended with much gusto.....the next day promises to bring more stuff ahead... :)

No comments: